Friday 18 September 2009

It's all been quiet here for a bit...

Motivation has been lacking of late for updating this blog and it's a shame because there has been a great deal going on. Having a little bit of time on my hands I thought I'd see if I could make some movement toward catching up a little.

I left off on a couple of music related things and since then I've come across a producer/artist that has really caught my attention. His name is
Ulrich Schnauss and is an electronic musician from Germany. Having a little bit of a background in dance music and electronica I do tend to keep an eye out for these things although of late my inclinations have been more for heavy rock and metal. Still when something comes along of this quality I generally sit up and take notice.

Similarities could be drawn to the likes of
Tangerine Dream, Orbital or perhaps the more mellow efforts of Chicane. In my own description I would say that it's a lush downbeat sound with lots of subtle audio layering, extremely easy to listen to and I would recommend his work. Enjoy...

Ulrich Schnauss - Clear Day



Ulrich Schnauss - Shine

No comments:

Post a Comment