Wednesday 10 October 2012

Self Portraiture

Something that I have always wanted to get into is portraiture.  It's not an easy thing to do because everyone has a very definite idea of what they should look like and there are some tricks for getting the best out of someones face.  An everyday snap is typically quite a laid back affair and if the photo turns out great then it tends to be a bit of a fluke.

I'm not going to pretend that I know too much on the subject but I thought I'd start off with taking a self portrait and see where it gets me, if only as something to refer back to as I learn and hopefully get better.  It took about 170 odd goes because it's important to not only get the eyes in focus but also to maintain some depth of field and that is a tough thing to do when you can't see through your own view finder!  So here I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment